What Makes Our Food Unique?
Our complete dog food is cold pressed here in the UK using sustainable insect protein, wonky fruit/veg and plastic free compostable packaging. Much better for your dog and the planet, simple as that!
Our insects offer your dog a great source of complete animal protein. In fact, they contain more protein than chicken or beef and this protein is easier for your dog to
digest. It’s for this very reason that the British Veterinary Association have publicly endorsed insects as being better for our dogs than prime cuts of steak.
Insect protein is hypoallergenic and low in purines. This makes it perfect for any dogs with allergies which usually results in upset tummies or itchy skin. In fact, many dog owners don’t realise that their food is to blame for these issues and the most common allergens in dogs may surprise you; beef, dairy, wheat, egg, chicken, lamb, soy, pork, rabbit, and fish.
Our insects are farmed in to the highest standards possible. They require thousands of times less water, hundreds of times less greenhouse gases and dozens of times less feed and land to produce the same amount of protein as livestock.
Most insect based pet food is made using black soldier fly larvae. However, we instead chose to use Yellow Mealworms (Tenebrio Molitor) in our complete foods.
We made this decision due to the fact that Tenebrio Molitor contains higher levels of protein and lower saturated fat than black soldier fly larvae while offering similar environmental benefits.
They are more expensive and harder to source, however we are committed to choosing the best ingredients possible.
We have signed a multi year sales agreement to source our insects from a great company in France, Ynsect, as we share the same values.
Ynsect have built the worlds largest insect farm, which also happens the be the worlds first carbon neutral vertical farm.
This means our insects are farmed to the highest standards, achieving the highest certification possible.
Our insects are even fed with by-products from the surrounding corn fields which tackles food waste and promotes a circular economy.
We hope Ynsect will open a farm here in the UK, but in the meantime, we believe this is quite simply the best source insect protein on the planet.
Our recipes have been designed to offer the best quality food with the least environmental impact possible. Both recipes have been designed by expert nutritionists and approved by vets. They use as many UK natively grown ingredients as possible to minimise airmails.
- IS THIS A COMPLETE FOOD? Yes! Both of our foods are nutritionally complete diets for all breeds of adult dog.
- IS THIS FOOD GRAIN FREE? We offer both Regular and Grain Free recipes of our food. Simply choose which your pup would prefer when taking our sign up quiz.
- WHAT MAKES THIS FOOD 'ECO'? We use sustainable insect protein and wonky fruit and veg such as apple pulp from the juice industry or unusual shaped carrots which the supermarkets don't want. We then cold press these ingredients together using minimal energy and pack it in compostable packaging made from FSC certified paper which is lined with vegetable starch.
- WHY DO YOU SELL IN 2.5KG BAGS? This is the largest size of 100% plastic free packaging which we can currently source. However, we have kept pricing competitive with bulk offerings from other premium dog foods. This way, instead of getting a single large 10kg sack, you would simply get 4 plastic free smaller ones.
- IS COLD PRESSED THE SAME AS KIBBLE? No, kibble is extruded at very high temperatures. Cold pressed dog food on the other hand is gently pressed at much lower temperatures for a brief moment. This uses far less energy, and leaves more nutrients intact.
- HOW HEALTHY ARE INSECTS? Insects are a great source of complete animal protein. They are also packed with almost twice the protein content of beef, so a little bit goes a long way. This protein actually has a higher nutrient value and digestibility score than chicken or beef. On top of all of this, they are hypoallergenic, making them perfect for dogs with sensitivities.
- CAN PUPPIES EAT THIS FOOD? Our food is perfectly safe for puppies, however it has been nutritionally balanced for adult dogs. This means it should not be used a main food for young puppies. We are hard at work perfecting our complete puppy formulae however!